David Allen Sibley will be the keynote speaker for the New York State Birders Conference, hosted by Saw Mill River Audubon September 22–24, 2023, in Tarrytown, New York. This event is also the 2023 meeting of the New York State Ornithological Association, which connects the birds and birders of the Empire State through over 40 Audubon chapters and bird clubs.
Sibley will be the keynote dinner speaker on Saturday night, and Tom Stephenson, co-author of The Warbler Book, will be the Saturday afternoon workshop keynote, with a focused workshop about learning bird sounds.
The conference will be held at the Sleepy Hollow Hotel and Conference Center in Tarrytown next to the Cuomo/Tappan Zee Bridge. Registration and all details are at www.nybirders.org.
Other event highlights include:
- Excellent morning field trips on Saturday and Sunday to key birding hotspots led by local birding leaders. Special field trips include the opportunity for a guided kayak paddle in the Croton and Hudson rivers, as well as a wheelchair-accessible field trip to the State Line Palisades Hawk Watch overlooking the Hudson River.
- Saturday afternoon workshops on birding and photography skills, advocacy, and arts, followed by the NYSOA annual delegates meeting.
- Birding quiz for all ages led by the NYS Young Birders Club Friday night.
- Ornithological research paper and poster sessions. Visit www.nybirders.org/research to be considered as a presenter. Open to researchers from high school to postgraduate, with free registration provided for selected researchers.
- Vendor area for bird and nature gifts, art, and more. Visit www.nybirders.org/vendors to apply.
- Saturday night banquet with delicious food, good company, and our very special keynote speaker.
Register as soon as possible at www.nybirders.org. Field trips and workshops will be space limited and available only by online registration. Registration rates increase on July 1.
Conference questions and inquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be logged in to post a comment.